Saturday, September 3, 2016

Action Lab: Dog of Wonder Issue 4 Beginning to End Part 3: Inks

Here it is, part 3 in the process of creating the cover for Action Lab: Dog of Wonder Issue 4's cover(part 1 and part 2 are linked here and here).
These are the inks.  The process I go through when inking is pretty typical it seems according to what I know of how others work.
I work on Strathmore 500 series semi-smooth Bristol paper.  This paper allows me to both use a nib pen and a brush without bleeding off of either, and it holds a line very nicely.  As far as inking goes I use a Sumi ink.  It is a VERY dark ink but stays nice and thin through a nib so it won't clog it.  I use a Windsor and Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Hair sable brush and/or a Raphael 8404 Kolinsky hair sable brush.  I usually use a size 1, but a W&N is a little larger, so I kick up to a size 2 on the Raphael...sometimes.
Anyway, please go to your local comic shop and order this for me!  I would be ever so grateful.  There are only 1,500 copies of my cover, LET'S SELL IT OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment