Friday, November 2, 2012

More Comics and Learning!

For those of you that know me...HI.  For those of you that don't, I have an MFA in sequential Art.  Grant Thomas, the administrator of Making Visual Narratives is putting up my grade level recommendations for comics up on his website on a monthly basis.  Kindergarten and First Grade are up currently, with second grade coming soon.  Please check out his site and his work.  He, like a lot of us, are very interested in changing the way school present information so there is more interaction, more entertainment and more effective and efficient learning in today's public schools.  Comics ARE a great way to do that, and that's being found all over the nation right now.
For a list of websites and more information on how to teach with comics you are more than welcome to contact me for a copy of my thesis, or to have me come to your school or library to talk about comics and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment