Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tribal Sun Studios

Let's talk a little bit about perseverance and self-reliance.  There are very few industries out there beyond the world of art that rely so heavily on one's own ability to create.  I just finished listening to Shawn Crystal's podcast, Ink Pulp Audio, and his interview with Rick Remender (amazing artist and writer).  It got me thinking about what I am doing up, here at almost midnight on a Monday night working on a comic page that isn't going like I want it to, and for the first time, I am drawing too small. Regardless, I have worked with many people in the short career I have had as a comic artist and each has poured their heart and souls into this world of little reward and large investment.
One of these people is Ron Bryce.  He got into comics in high school, wrote and helped publish a comic with me called The Prophecy, and has been writing since he picked up a book.  He created a website called Tribal Sun Studios with a friend of his.  I was lucky enough to do their most recent logo (the image above).  What I respect Ron for most is his drive to be himself.  Even though he's worked through the bureaucracy that is multiple college degrees, and time and time again at big box electronic stores, he will always be defined by his projects and love of writing.  Here's to you RJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment