Friday, August 10, 2012

MMD Process (teaser 2)

This is another scene from the MMD comic I am working on.  I really liked the depth and composition I was getting with this piece, so I thought I'd show it.  I am in the middle stage of the inking on this panel and I thought I'd show some process and put this up again when I finish it.  It will have a good amount of black in it, and some serious blood splatter!  Fun!
For this project I am using a pentel stylo pen that mimics a nib, but you don't have to keep dipping into an ink well.  I don't like it as much as a nib, but it's giving my line work a good consistency, and allowing me to play with black and white shape to create eye movement and depth.  That is something Mignola does VERY well with his Hellboy work.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment